When it comes to building muscle & gaining strength your main goal should be to get bigger. Yes you may put on some fat with it, but all that can be eliminated when you’re done with some HIIT circuit training.
!!!!The key to building Muscle is to consume more calories than you burn!!!!!!!!
Here are my top 10 favorite muscle building foods (and drinks)…
1. Milk – If your stomach can handle milk, I’m all for it if you’re trying to build muscle. Normally I don’t recommend people drink milk, but if gaining muscle or strength is your goal, there’s no denying that milk works incredibly well.
I have seen people drink 1/2 gallon of milk per day in addition to regular diet and they have put on as much as 15+ lbs (& got much stronger) over the course of 2 months… If you’re really skinny you can even try a gallon of milk per day.
2. Meat – Some of the best protein sources you’ll find come from good cuts of meat. I recommend steaks, ground beef and pork for trying to put on some muscle. As much as I’m not a fan of Wal Mart you can usually find some cheap stakes that taste pretty good for $4-$5.
Granted the meat isn’t organic grass fed or any of the uppie bullshit, but if you’re trying to build muscle on a budget, you may have to sacrifice some quality in exchange for quantity.
3. Whole Wheat Pasta – Pasta is incredibly high in calories and carbs, so it makes a great muscle building meal. I like to stick with the whole wheat pasta as it’s a bit healthier for you than the white starch kind
If you mix your pasta with a cream sauce with butter and some parmesean cheese, you’ll easily have a 1000 calorie meal.
4. Peanut Butter – Peanut butter (or almond butter) is a great way to get a bunch of calories in your mouth without eating a ton of food. Most guys who need to put on size have a hard time eating a lot of food, so finding foods that pack a bunch of calories in small servings is a good idea.
A peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread will give you about 500 calories or so. If you eat two with a glass of milk, then you’ll be on your way to a great muscle building meal.
5. Nuts – Almonds & walnuts are my two personal favorites. Both of these have lots of healthy fats in them and pack a bunch of calories. A 1/4 cup of nuts usually has 200 calories in it. You can easily add 800 calories to your day by making a big handful of almonds your snack in between each meal.
6. Olive Oil – Just like nuts, olive oil has a lot of healthy fats in it – And it has 120 calories per TBSP. Olive oil can be used to cook pretty much everything from meat to veggies to eggs. You can also add a few tablespoons to a smoothie. It’s a great way to get more fruit in your diet & also consume a bunch of calories (trust me you actually wont taste it).
7. Eggs – Your morning breakfast should look something like this… 4 egg omelette with red pepper, onion & cheese, 2 pieces of wheat toast with peanut butter, hashbrowns and a glass of milk. Eggs are easy to make & not to mention incredibly cheap to buy. They pack a lot of protein & are a perfect meal for breakfast.
8. Fish – Fish is actually great for both building muscle & losing fat. It pretty much boils down to how much of it you eat. A 4 oz piece of salmon is good for fat loss, while a 10 oz piece would work for muscle building. Fish like salmon pack a ton of protein & omega 3′s.
The only draw back to fish is it can be a bit pricey, and a lot people just don’t like it.
9. Brown Rice – Rice is always a great post workout meal along with some beans and a chicken breast. Brown rice can be used in a lot of dishes such as stir fry with veggies, chicken and teryaki sauce.
10. Potatoes – The potato is very versatile as a muscle building food. You can make mashed potatoes or baked potatoes ahead of time and store them in the fridge. You can also use them to make homefries or hashbrowns in the morning.
Add some butter and cheese and you’ll add a bunch more calories to your potato.
RELATED POST: How And What To Eat Too Lose Weight and Gain Muscle
For best results, make sure you follow a good total body routine and diet (you get both in my FULL workout plan). It may also help to try a good fat burner like TEA REXX, it is what I use to help me stay ripped.
!!!LET NOTHING STOP YOU!!!
My friend a Tenna Torres Just made it to the top 60 on this season of American Idol!!! Check out This video of us doing an Acoustic cover